- I feel especially loved when people express how grateful they are for me, and for the simple, everyday things I do.
- I feel especially loved when a person gives me undivided attention and spends time alone with me.
- I feel especially loved by someone who brings me gifts and other tangible expressions of love.
- I feel especially loved when someone pitches in to help me, perhaps by running errands or taking on my household chores.
- I feel especially loved when a person expresses feelings for me through physical contact.
Take the quiz. Discover how you love and how you are built to be loved and feel love when it’s there and be broken bread and poured out wine the rest of the time and in all times,
To the affected I say, coming down from a mountain, the trick is not to look down. Keep looking up. Keep your eyes on Him and His love, His power to change lives and to bring light into even the darkest of places never changes. The things we hope for during a retreat weekend: that love will prevail and that change will last are possible. Jesus Christ will not be worsted. I read the book: in the end, we win.
We love having “new people” in church or in ministry, because they exhibit that abandon, that being carried away, that we wish we still displayed. “There are times when it seems as if God watches to see if we will
give Him the abandoned tokens of how genuinely we do love Him. Abandon to God is of more value than personal holiness. Personal holiness focuses the eye on our own whiteness; we are greatly concerned about the way we walk and talk and look, fearful lest we offend Him. Perfect love casts out all that when once we are abandoned to God. We have to get rid of this notion – “Am I of any use?” and make up our minds that we are not, and we may be near the truth. It is never a question of being of use, but of being of value to God Himself. When we are abandoned to God, He works through us all the time.”