21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ Matthew 7
These words of Jesus seem harsh, until you look around and see how Jesus is portrayed today. If you want to get a taste of society, check out Facebook. Don’t get me wrong. I’m a big fan of Facebook. This and all my blog posts end up on Facebook. It’s a great way to share thoughts. I love to keep track of family and friends. Facebook is great.
Let’s get a few things straight however.
1. You are not going to hell if you don’t “like” a Facebook post.
2. You are not going to get a “blessing” if you share a Facebook post.
3. Jesus didn’t come to make you rich.
4. Jesus didn’t come to make you healthy.
5. God is our “Provider” and our “Healer.” But just because you aren’t healthy or rich, doesn’t mean you aren’t His child. Ask the Christians in Sudan or China.
6. It’s great to share Jesus on Facebook. It’s much more effective to share Him directly.
Share this if you love Jesus. Just kidding.