No one spends a day flying there and a day flying back to spend a day in Los Angeles. I did. The full story is on my Facebook account. I have to wonder why God would have me go through the last three days. Is there a purpose? Is there any eternal significance or deeper spiritual meaning?
I didn’t really do anything there. I drove up to Beverly Hills and Hollywood and out to Venice Beach. I didn’t see anything I hadn’t seen before. I lived in California while in the Navy. It hadn’t greatly changed. The Mexican and Oriental food is still the best.The weather is still awesome. There are still way too many people.
Not having travelled much by air in recent years I did learn a few things.
1. Air travel sucks.
2. If you have to fly avoid summer afternoons in the south when thunderstorms are common.
3. Check your bag. It’s a lot less hassle.
4. If you are tall, pay a little extra for extra leg room if available.
5. Assume there will be delays.
6. Bring a charger for your phone. See number 5 above.
7. Don’t fly out of Lafayette. The planes are smaller and see numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 above.
I guess I was reminded of some facts I already knew:
1. There is no place like home.
2. There are lots of people in the world.
3. There are lots of people in the world whose lives are not as nice as mine.
4. There are lots of people in the world who have no eternal clue.
I guess really learning number 4 was worth it all.